The purpose of this article is to outline some items that are required or useful to work in conjunction with the all new MRP "Point of Sale" system to assist with front gate tickets. Be on the lookout for more on our point of sale system for box office ticket sales, as this in a beta version.
Below are listed options that we have tested and used for ticket printers, paper to go with the printers, scanners, and a few things to keep in mind when choosing a computer.
Labels (ticket paper)
- DYMO White 2x3-½” Card Stock 300 Per Roll | ~$15 | Amazon Link
DYMO Printer Options
- Option 1: DYMO Labelwriter 550 | ~$115 | Amazon Link
- Option 2: DYMO 1755120 LabelWriter 4XL | ~$300 | Amazon Link
- Computer Only
- Option 1: 2D QR Barcode Scanner, wired handsfree | ~$80 | Amazon Link
- MRP App or Computer via Bluetooth
Front Gate Computer Options
- Any Computer that is has bluetooth compatibility (if using bluetooth scanners) has at least 2 USB ports (one for Printer and one for Scanner (if wired scanner), can be connected to internet (mobile hot spot, smart phone, plugged in, wifi) and has GOOGLE CHROME installed.
- Touchscreen laptops are handy
- No Chromebooks as you can’t install the ticket printing software from Dymo
- HP Stream 14” Laptop | Amazon Link | ~$200 | Used for POS / BOX Office Tickets / Race Management ONLY (not a lot of power, but enough to do what you need to with MRP
- USB Hub | ~$13 | Amazon Link
Having another window, booth, or tent for people that are having issues we've found to be extremely beneficial. Folks that have issues like “Can’t Find Tickets”, “Phone is Dead”, ”Swore they bought 5 vs. 2”, ”Under a different name” or “Printer Was Out of Ink” or other things that back up the main lines should be helped out with their issue in a way that keeps the "flow" moving for your regular lines. No matter the ticket company, issues can arise and getting those people out of the line is to your best interest in order to keep the line moving forward.