This article outlines the process for adding and configuring a point scheme.
Adding a Point Scheme
In Race Management, begin by clicking Settings | Point Schemes in the top-right navigation menu.
- Choose from either Season Point Schemes or Lineup Point Schemes.
- Click the Add Scheme button, then choose a Global Point Scheme or leave as N/A.
Note: If a global point scheme is used, points will be locked down, but payout can be adjusted to your needs.
Note: If a global point scheme is not used, it is still possible to copy point scheme details from a global scheme later in the Point Scheme Details page.
- Next specify a name and optionally enter up to 1000 characters in the Notes field and click the blue Add Scheme button.
- You should now see the point scheme listed. To edit the scheme name, notes or global point scheme, click the edit icon on the far-right.
Configuring Show-up Points
- In the Point Scheme Details page, specify show-up points in the form on the left side.
Start Points - The number of points earned by a driver taking a competitive green flag.
Start Pay - The payout amount earned by a driver taking a competitive green flag.
Non-Start Points - The number of points earned by a driver not taking a competitive green flag (DNS).
Non-Start Pay - The payout amount earned by a driver not taking a competitive green flag (DNS).
- Click Save Show-up.
Adding a Race Breakdown
- Once you have a point scheme, click the point scheme name on the left to view the point scheme details.
- (Optional) If you didn't use a global point scheme in your newly added scheme, you can use the form Copy Point Scheme Details.
Note: Copy Point Scheme Details can only be used once per breakdown.
- Use the button Add Breakdown to add additional race breakdowns.
Note: Only one breakdown per race type is allowed.
Specify the number of rows to be added and click Add Rows.
Editing a Race Breakdown
Once rows have been added to a new breakdown, the form becomes the Edit Race Breakdown form. This same form can be accessed by clicking the edit icon in the top-right of a breakdown on the Point Scheme Details page.
- Set the Race Type in the top-left.
- Set the Points and Pay amount for each row.
(Optional) Set the points awarded for gaining a position in Passing Points.
- (Optional) Set the points deducted for losing a position in Lost Position Points.
- (Optional) Check the box Drivers in this race will not receive "show up" points if not tallying show-up points.
- (Optional) In the section titled Race, check the box beside a race name to specify that drivers transferring to that race will not be earning finishing points/pay in the current race.