The purpose of this article is to provide instructions for retrieving log files from the MRP Live for Tracks application. To figure out the cause of a problem it is sometimes helpful to look at these log files. Here is how to find them.
- Highlight and copy the path: %programdata%\MyRacePass\Logs.
- In Windows Explorer, paste the path into the address bar.
Note: Windows Folder Options by default will hide the ProgramData folder, but if you have this option disabled (Hide protected operating system files.) you could also navigate to C:\ProgramData\MyRacePass\Logs.
- The files can sometimes be large, so zip the folder before emailing it. If zipping the entire Logs folder is too much, sort the contents of the folder by Date Modified and zip the most recent log files.
In some cases it is helpful to examine the Windows Application and System event logs to troubleshoot a problem. This is how to export the Windows Application event log in the .evtx format:
- Press the Windows key and type Event.
- An item should appear for Event Viewer, click this.
In the Event Viewer tree on the left, expand Windows Logs and select Application.
Right-click Application and select Save All Events As...
- Verify that Save as type says Event Files (*.evtx).
- Choose a name and file location for the exported log file, then click Save.
- When prompted for Display Information, choose Display information for these languages: and check the box for English (United States).
- Click OK.
- If emailing, it is a good idea to zip the log file.